Wow! Momos is a very famous Indian fast-food restaurant chain, especially among youngsters. They are popular for serving various kinds of momos. They also serve burgers, several desserts, and drinkable items. The business model of Wow Momo involves its business plan, revenue model, its competitors, SWOT Analysis and many more.
It has become India’s largest momo chain based on different factors like volumes, innovations or variety in product, and turnover.
After getting success in Wow Momo, Now they’d also launched Wow! China a restaurant full of China Cuisine.
WOW Momos serve a wide range of momos (both veg and non-veg), including steamed, baked, and pan-fried options with three delectable sauces and fillings ranging from vegetables, mushrooms, and paneer to fish, chicken, and prawn.
Today Wow Momo is India’s largest chain of Momos both in terms of Volumes & Turnover with over 200 Outlets across 13 cities. WOW Momo is now available in Mumbai, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Chennai, Lucknow, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, and Kanpur, in addition to Kolkata.
They follows COCO(Company Owned Company Operate) Business Model. They manage all operations by own from material purchase to processing and making and all it’s delivery. They handle all activities on their own, from material acquisition to packaging and distribution.
The credit of success of Wow! Momo goes to its strategic and result-oriented Business model that transformed a Kiosk into a QSR (Quick service restaurant) chain having a valuation in crores. A business model of any business reflects its products or services, target market, promotion strategies, competitors, pricing, revenue generation, future expansion strategies, etc.
The company has made one central cloud kitchen in every city.
The company has demonstrated that anyone can achieve success, even with little starting capital, through creativity, perseverance, and faith.
Wow Momo still succeeded in catching the attention of customers and that is the prime factor behind its revenue. The majority of the revenue is earned by selling momos through its outlets. Another strategy the company uses to earn revenue is by establishing a centralized kitchen and providing franchises for different locations.
Wow Momo charges a royalty fee on each of their franchises and they also take care of the materials required to be supplied in each outlet. They earn money on each momo sold from their store. Few reports says, they’re earning more than 2 lakhs per month from each outlet/store.
Wow Momos have competition with street vendors of momos who sell momos at a lesser price.
- Strong dealer community – It has built a culture among distributor & dealers where the dealers not only promote company’s products but also invest in training the sales team to explain to the customer how he/she can extract the maximum benefits out of the products.
- High level of customer satisfaction – the company with its dedicated customer relationship management department has able to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction among present customers and good brand equity among the potential customers.
- Successful track record of integrating complimentary firms through mergers & acquisition. It has successfully integrated number of technology companies in the past few years to streamline its operations and to build a reliable supply chain.
- Reliable suppliers – It has a strong base of reliable supplier of raw material thus enabling the company to overcome any supply chain bottlenecks.
- Good Returns on Capital Expenditure – WOW Momo is relatively successful at execution of new projects and generated good returns on capital expenditure by building new revenue streams.
- Need more investment in new technologies – Given the scale of expansion and different geographies the company is planning to expand into, WOW Momo needs to put more money in technology to integrate the processes across the board. Right now the investment in technologies is not at par with the vision of the company.
- Organization structure is only compatible with present business model thus limiting expansion in adjacent product segments.
- Limited success outside core business – Even though WOW Momo is one of the leading organizations in its industry it has faced challenges in moving to other product segments with its present culture.
- High attrition rate in work force – compare to other organizations in the industry WOW Momo has a higher attrition rate and have to spend a lot more compare to its competitors on training and development of its employees.
- Days inventory is high compare to the competitors – making the company raise more capital to invest in the channel. This can impact the long term growth of WOW Momo.
- New environmental policies – The new opportunities will create a level playing field for all the players in the industry. It represent a great opportunity for WOW Momo to drive home its advantage in new technology and gain market share in the new product category.
- New trends in the consumer behavior can open up new market for the WOW Momo . It provides a great opportunity for the organization to build new revenue streams and diversify into new product categories too.
- Economic uptick and increase in customer spending, after years of recession and slow growth rate in the industry, is an opportunity for WOW Momo to capture new customers and increase its market share.
- The market development will lead to dilution of competitor’s advantage and enable WOW Momo to increase its competitiveness compare to the other competitors.
- Stable free cash flow provides opportunities to invest in adjacent product segments. With more cash in bank the company can invest in new technologies as well as in new products segments.
- Rising raw material can pose a threat to the WOW Momo profitability.
- Rising pay level especially movements such as $15 an hour and increasing prices in the China can lead to serious pressure on profitability of WOW Momo.
- The demand of the highly profitable products is seasonal in nature and any unlikely event during the peak season may impact the profitability of the company in short to medium term.
- Liability laws in different countries are different and WOW Momo may be exposed to various liability claims given change in policies in those markets.
- The company can face lawsuits in various markets given – different laws and continuous fluctuations regarding product standards in those markets.
- As the company is operating in numerous countries it is exposed to currency fluctuations especially given the volatile political climate in number of markets across the world.
- No regular supply of innovative products – Over the years the company has developed numerous products but those are often response to the development by other players. Secondly the supply of new products is not regular thus leading to high and low swings in the sales number over period of time.
Wow Momo has a great advantages and a good revenue which increasing year on year. They can expand their business wisely, proper supply chain management is there.