Hamleys is a British multinational toy retailer, owned by Reliance Retail. Hamleys is the oldest and in 1994 was the largest toy shop in the world. Hamleys has been named the world’s biggest specialist retailer of toys and baby supplies. The firm is a global leader in the retail of toys and infant items. The business model of Hamleys includes its business plan, revenue model, its competitors, SWOT Analysis and many more.
The Hamleys brand is well-known in North America, Europe, and Asia. The firm has effectively established its operations through more than 1500 outlets and has secured licenses for 250 stores in over 30 countries.
Hamleys’ flagship store on Regent Street offers more than 50,000 types of toys on sale.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Hamleys:
2.Toys R U
- Brand recall is very high
- One of the world’s Biggest toy retail chains
- Has a good customer reach and has a wide variety of toys
- Has a presence all over the world
- Has survived the test of time and has its presence in the worlds most important metros
- Good focus on customer experience adds value
- Shops located in the upscale market
- Targets mainly the upper class
- Target the middle class in the developing economies
- Can add more product lines to its portfolio
- Other retail toy stores
- Outdoor games
- Computer games and Internet
Hamleys have created an environment where it’s fun and enjoyable for the employees to work and customers could see their passion when they enter the store. They greet the customers with a smile and show the children wonderful new toys and other fun activities that are around.