Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, doing business as Jio, is an Indian telecommunications company and a subsidiary of Jio Platforms, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Jio shares a spectrum with Reliance Communications. The business model of Reliance Jio involves Its business plan, revenue model, its competitors, SWOT Analysis and many more.
Summit Digitel Infrastructure (formerly known as Reliance Jio Infratel Private Limited) operates 136,000 telecom sites. This division has been divested to Tower Infrastructure Trust, which is owned by Brookfield Asset Management, for a consideration of ₹25,215 crore (US$3.3 billion).
Benefits Of Jio Enterprise
Jio for business offers multiple features and business solutions at nominal prices. However, along with those benefits, there are some other advantages businesses can leverage by choosing Jio’s corporate postpaid plans:
- Largest Infra: Jio offers fibre connections across India, making it the largest NB-IoT network. Moreover, the company offers nationwide 4G coverage, ensuring you have a fast internet connection no matter where you are.
- Future Ready Network: Subscribers are able to dual-stack all IP networks and get access to resilient architecture, ensuring they’re able to benefit from Jio’s 4G and 5G future-ready network.
- Seamless Delivery: For new customers, Jio offers a comprehensive digital onboarding program, along with zero-touch provisioning and swift order to delivery process to ensure your entire journey to Jio goes smoothly.
Reliance Jio Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are some of the competitors of Reliance Jio:
4. Tata Docomo
5. Reliance Communications
9. Virgin Mobile
- Strongest strategy for customer acquisition– Dependence Jio is expected to have the best strategy for customer acquisition to date. The company offered all its customers their services free for 3-6 months. This resulted in millions of consumers using Dependency Jio and has resulted in one of the best strategy to acquire customers in telecom history.
- Huge customer base – In 170 days of its launch Reliance Jio has reached to a subscriber base of 100 million customers this was a record that no other company has been able to reach. This has also made it the most preferred 4G Internet service provider for Reliance Jio India.
- Brand Management – The main reason for Reliance Jio’s massive customer base is the marketing strategy and brand management techniques Reliance Jio has implemented. The right promotion backed by lucrative offers, and trustworthy brand ambassadors such as Sharukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan have helped create consumer connexon.
- Quick and large network- Reliance Jio is considered to be a stable and efficient network with zero connectivity issues in all 22 telecom circles in India.
- Attractive Offers- Reliance Jio offers a wide range of facilities such as movies, shopping, sports, messenger and chats etc. that give the a lot of choices to customers.
- Lightening Fast Internet Access– Reliance Jio offers Lightening fast internet access. It is the first telecom service provider to offer free voice calling over high speed internet in India.
- Jio Set top Box– Free Reliance Jio Set top Box along with the Jio Giga Fiber is very good it offers Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Zee, SonyLiv and other Android based entertainment apps including JioTV+.
- Reliance Jio is taking each and every possible step to increase its revenue and increasing the market.
- Return on Capital Expenditure– Reliance Jio has in the past been able to successfully earn good returns on the capital investment it invested on various projects.
- Reliance Jio has a well-established IT framework which ensures the performance of both its internal and external operations.
- Pricing controversies – Reliance Jio was criticised for lowering its rates beyond what was acceptable to enter the market and this sparked charges against them such as collusion and money laundering.
- A lot of Free stuff – Reliance Jio currently provides many services free of charge and that was one of the reasons for increased market share. However, the company might not be able to afford them all in the long run which could have a negative effect on the sector.
- Blocking Installation of Apps in the JioGiga Fiber Set Top Box is the major weakness of the company.
- Future powered technology- Dependence Jio uses VoLTE 4 G network that can be adapted
- 5G and 6G technologies- This gives Jio various avenues or potential bandwidth expansion.
- Apps– Reliance Jio has VoLTE that has a lot of flexibility in terms of bandwidth. This means they can sell apps to consumers that are initially chargeable or even free and pay later for use.
- Expansion to other countries: Dependency Jio currently only operates in India. But at least in the surrounding regions there is plenty of space for expansion to foreign countries.
- Customer loss risk- Consumers choose Jio largely due to the low prices they deliver. A loss of customers may occur at a point where the company is increasing its price.
- Removal of Free Services- Jio is currently associated with lots of Freebies. If these are withdrawn, the business will experience a drop in revenue.
- Criticism and negative image – From the time it was launched, Reliance Jio has been entangled in many controversies. This led the company to have a negative brand picture.
- Weak Code of Ethics– Many of Reliance Jio’s tactics such as low pricing, free bandwidth, and market expansion strategies have been found to be unethical, and this could have an effect on the long-term credibility of the company.
- TRAI Regulations– TRAI Regulations for Mobile Networks and Tariffs may directly affect the business of Reliance Jio.
- Government Policies and Health policies regarding Radio Frequencies can also affect the business of Reliance Jio.
As with their other mobile and internet services, Reliance Jio has excellent business and corporate solutions. Therefore, choose one of the pre-configured plans or create your own bespoke Jio corporate plans to have access to all of the perks.