The West Bengal Awas Yojana, popularly known as the Bangla Bari Awas Yojana Prokolpo, is a housing scheme for the marginalized and disadvantaged part of society. The government of West Bengal launched the scheme with the mission to provide permanent shelter in form of four-storied flats in various municipalities of West Bengal. It is an initiative of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
It was launched in 2017. The beneficiaries are EWS (Economically Weaker Section) citizens. They get housing at affordable rates. It is an alternative to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme in the state.
It is under West Bengal Government Scheme. The application procedure is available online and offline. The state government supports the PM Awas Yojana scheme and aims to construct 10 lakh houses in 2022.
West Bengal Government releases a Bangla Awas Yojana New List. It has the names of all the citizens who will receive houses.
Eligibility for West Bengal Awas Yojana
- The citizen must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The citizen’s monthly income should not exceed ₹10,000.
- The citizen should not have any pucca house in West Bengal or any other state of India.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes are eligible for the scheme.
Benefits & Features of West Bengal Awas Yojana
- A flat in a G+3 storied building or a pucca house at affordable rates.
- The marginalized section of the state who do not have any houses will receive houses under this scheme.
- Citizens who have their names on Socio-Economic Caste Census List will get benefits from this scheme.
- Under the West Bengal Awas Yojana scheme, the amount provided to citizens to build houses will be done in three instalments.
- In 2022, the West Bengal government will construct more than 10 lakh houses under this scheme.
- Citizens can easily check whether they are eligible for the scheme or not via mobile phones.
- The Bangla Awas Yojana New List has the names of all the beneficiaries which makes the process more transparent. It also saves time and resources.
Rural housing remains a top priority for the government. The West Bengal government has provided approximately 47 lakh houses till 11th March 2022. Around ₹5384 crores have been projected in West Bengal State Budget for constructing houses under West Bengal Awas Yojana scheme. The highest number of houses were built in the Murshidabad district. All the district magistrates have been provided with district-wise house targets. The number of houses to be constructed was provided over a virtual meeting on 13th July 2021.
The number of districts wise sanctioned houses is as follows:
- Murshidabad- 66,155 house
- East Midnapore – 51,212 houses
- Malda – 47,042 houses
- Birbhum – 45,501 houses
- North 24 Parganas – 35,157 houses
- South 24 Parganas – 38,560 houses
- East Burdwan – 30,085 houses
- Purulia – 27,497 houses
- Darjeeling – 1,706 houses
Similarly, sanctions have been provided for 22 districts. The district authorities will identify the beneficiaries and accordingly provide them with houses.
Assistance amount under West Bangla Awas Yojana List
Under this scheme government will provide ₹1,20,000 to the eligible citizens in three instalments. The money will go towards the construction of windows, doors, and other essential things.
Firstly, citizens will receive ₹45,000. The second instalment will be ₹45,000. Lastly, ₹30,000 will be the third instalment. The amount will get transferred through FTO (Fund Transfer Order).
The first instalment goes towards the construction of the windows of the house. The second instalment will be used for construction up to the lintel level of the house. The last instalment will go towards the roof, doors, essential construction work, plaster, etc.
The minimum size of the house is 25 sq meters or 260 sq feet.
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- BPL Card
- Bank account details
- Passport Size photograph
How to apply for the scheme?
- Firstly, click on the official portal
- Secondly, under Housing Estate view General Public option.
- Thirdly, click on the format of the application form.
- Download the application form and fill in the required details.
- Attach the documents and submit them to the concerned department.
- Lastly, if one is eligible for the scheme the West Bengal government will provide financial assistance in three instalments to the respective beneficiaries to construct the houses.
This is the link for the application form: – https://www.wbhousing.gov.in/files/01-Format%20of%20Application%28A4%29.pdf?_x_tr_sl=hi&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
How to check West Bengal Awas Yojana List
- Firstly, to check the list of West Bengal Awas Yojana, click on the official site of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The link is: – http://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx
- On the homepage under awaassoft, click on report.
- Then go to Social Audit Reports, and click on Beneficiary details for verification.
- A new page will open up.
- On the new page, in the ‘selection filters’ select your state, district, block name, and village name.
- Now set the year accordingly (like 2021-22).
- Also, set the scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin.
- Enter the captcha and click on the submit button.
- The beneficiary list will open up.
- One can look for their name and can also download the list by clicking on the ‘Download PDF’ option.
- One can also use the registration number to check their name in the beneficiary list.
West Bengal Awas Yojana for Sanatan (Hindu) Brahmin Priests
Under the Bangla Awas Yojana Scheme of 2022, the West Bengal government will provide free accommodation to Sanatan Brahmin Priests. Approximately 8000 poor Brahmins working at temples will get new homes under the flagship scheme. In addition to permanent houses, an allowance of ₹1000 per month will also be provided to those priests.
Many Hindu Brahmin priests are financially weak in the state. Therefore, the government decided to provide accommodation under this scheme. The decision was taken ahead of assembly polls.
On 14th September 2020 Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced West Bengal Awas Yojana for Sanatan Brahmin Priests. The announcement was made on Hindi Diwas to show that the state government respects all languages and does not have a linguistic bias.
The CM also announced to provide ₹1000 every month to the priests in Hindu temples. In addition to the monetary help, the government will also set up Hindi Academy and Dalit Sahitya Academy.