Sugar Cosmetics is India’s fastest growing beauty brand with a presence in more than 540 cities and 35000 retail outlets.
She is committed to manufacturing products which Indian women find interesting to use. Moreover, she also inspires women to start their independent entrepreneurial journeys.
During her graduation days, she participated in various activities and societies. Vineeta Singh was the PR Head and core member of Shaastra Group, 2004- IIT Madras Annual Technical Festival. Moreover, she was the Professional Shows Coordinator in Saarang 2005- IIT Madras Annual Cultural Festival. She was also a part of Inter IIT Contingent- 2001-2005. Lastly, she won several intra and inter-university badminton tournaments. At IIM Ahmedabad, she was the Head of the Alumni Cell.
The net worth of Vineeta Singh is US$ 8 million. According to reports, she makes approximately ₹22 crores annually from Sugar Cosmetics.
Tej Singh, father of Vineeta Singh, is a scientist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Kaushik Mukherjee, husband of Vineeta Singh, is the president and COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Sugar Cosmetics. Moreover, the couple has two children- Vikrant and Ranveer Mukherjee.
- She completed her class 12th from Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram.
- Additionally, she has done B. Tech in Electrical Engineering from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Madras.
- Lastly, she completed her MBA from IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Ahmedabad.
- Moreover, after completing her MBA, she received a job offer with a package of one crore per annum. She turned down the offer as she wanted to start her own business.
Experience of Vineeta Singh
- Firstly, Vineeta Singh was an intern at ITC Limited, Kolkata, India in 2004. It was a quality improvement programme at the Saharanpur Plant. She received a pre-placement offer to join ITC as a graduate trainee.
- Secondly, she also did an internship at Deutsche Bank, New York and London for three months in 2006. She was a part of several projects with the Strategic Equity Transaction Group in New York and the Emerging Markets Structuring Team in London. She received a pre-placement offer to join any global offices at the associate level.
- Thirdly, she was the Director of Quetzal Online Pvt Ltd for five years. The company aims to lead the Indian online market for e-learning and online products. tenaday.co. helps CAT aspirants in online preparation for exams.
- Further, she was also the Director of Quetzal Verify Pvt Ltd for almost five years. The company used to work with HR managers in leading companies and help them with recruitment, assessment, training and development, and background verification of employees.
- Then, she is currently the co-founder of FAB BAG (earlier known as Vellvette). It is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription company. It allows customers to use the top three to four global brands every month, recommended by beauty experts. They have worked with international brands like Clarins, Shiseido, LUSH, H2O+, Elizabeth Arden and many more.
- Lastly, she is also the CEO of Sugar Cosmetics, a beauty products brand.
Vineeta Singh Achievements and Awards
- She is an athlete and has won gold and silver medals in IIT Madras Badminton Tournament.
- Moreover, she won Dulari Mattu Award in IIM Ahmedabad for the best female all-rounder.
- She participated in an Ultra Marathon known as Comrades, held in South Africa. It is the world’s oldest and largest ultramarathon race which needs to be completed in twelve hours. She participated in this marathon thrice. Additionally, she has participated in more than fourteen Marathons and Full Marathons. Also, the Comrades presented her with a bronze medal to complete Ups and Downs (89 km) and Comraded Back-to-Back (89 km).
- She has also participated in Iron Man Triathlon with her husband in which there is a 3.8 km open water, 180 km bicycle ride, followed by a 42 km run-up. She has also received podium finish for many Half Marathons and Triathlons held in India.
- Additionally, she has received the Start-up of the Year Award 2019.
- Then, she was also featured as the Most Powerful Women (MPW) in Business on the Forbes Magazine cover.
- Lastly, the Economic Times’ 40 Under Forty Awards in 2020 recognized her as one of India’s young business leaders.
Vineeta Singh in Shark Tank India
Vineeta Singh invested ₹3.04 crores in 15 startups on Shark Tank India. Let’s look at what are these startups all about:
- Firstly, BluePine Industries offers authentic frozen momos and dumplings.
- Secondly, Booz Scooters is a startup that rents electric bicycles for mobility in private spaces like corporates, parks, etc.
- Then, Heart up my Sleeves is a business that came up with the idea to sell fashionable and detachable sleeves.
- NOCD is a startup that offers no carbs and sugar-free energy drinks.
- COSIQ is an intelligent and significantly proven skincare brand.
- Skippi Pops is a company which bought all the sharks on board. They offer different flavored ice popsicles to their customers.
- Further, Get a Whey is a startup that sells sugar-free and protein-based ice-creams.
- Quirky Nari is a company that sells customized apparel.
- Then, Sunfox Technologies, an ‘All Shark Deal’, came up with an idea to produce portable ECG devices.
- Humpy A2 is a startup that sells ethically sourced dairy products like bread, milk, honey, etc.
- Further, Gold Safe Solutions is a company that collaborates with hostels, jails, etc., to sell anti-suicidal fan rods to reduce the suicidal rate in India.
- Wakao Foods offers healthy snack options made out of jackfruit.
- Kabaddi Ada is an All-Kabaddi app.
- Nomad Food Project came up with a unique idea to offer bacon-based jams.
- Lastly, Jain Shikanji is a company that offers refreshing shikanji made from fresh lemons and high-quality masalas.
To sum up, Vineeta Singh is a passionate, confident, and enthusiastic entrepreneur. She is an inspiration to all women who want to start their businesses. One thing about Vineeta Singh that motivates everyone is- Never give up. Strive hard and achieve success. Moreover, learn from your mistakes and make the impossible possible. Even after two failures, she was very confident to start a new digital beauty brand, Sugar Cosmetics.
Today, Sugar Cosmetics has a huge distribution network with a strong online and offline presence. In 2020, the company achieved ₹130 crores in revenue and raised approximately ₹160 crores from venture and private equity funding. The company is valued at ₹750 crores. Lastly, Vineeta Singh wants to sell beauty products that fit Indian skin tones at an economical price.