Apple Inc is a multinational technology company involved in developing and designing hardware products such as iPhones, iPads, and Mac along with software development and online services. Its software includes the IOS operating system and one of the famous web browsers – Safari. Online services include iCloud, iTunes, and IOS app store.
Apple Inc is known for its innovation in the world. It has always come up with new products that amazed the whole world.
An important selling point for Apple is the product presentation and packaging. Since the company –as stated in the first assignment- targets a customer willing –and able- to pay more for the Apple’s exclusive design and brand, packaging has to be presented according to this segmentation.
Apple’s Product mix
It deals with the outputs of the firm. It includes services and goods which are categorized as or involve technology. However, Apple continuously expands its product mix, making it possible to add non-IT-related services in its 4Ps.
The following are Apple’s main product line and a few explanations of strategy for each product:
- Mac. This product was introduced by Steve Jobs in 1984 and is one of the pioneering products of Apple. The Macintosh was first released in 1984 and today is known simply as Mac. Mac was the first personal computer introduced to the public with a mouse and a graphical user platform and interface. Mac is still very popular today with various models like iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and MacBook.
- iPhone. Apple is also one of the pioneering brands that introduced smartphones with a multiple touch feature. The iPhone was the first smartphone to use a multi-touch interface. This removed the need for styluses and keyboards. It was designed thinking about the combination of an iPod and a smartphone. Apple continues to have several versions of the iPhone until today, with the iPhone 13 being the latest. The iPhone is still going strong and is one of Apple’s leading product lines.
- iPod. Varied versions of the iPod have been introduced to the market, including iPod touch, iPod Nano, and iPod shuffle, among others. iPods are a portable version of a digital music player.
- Apple Watch and Apple TV. Despite stiff competition from other brands such as Samsung’s fitness watches and Amazon Fire TV, Apple’s Apple Watch and Apple TV do see sales from loyal customers. This is basically a watch where users can monitor their fitness schedules. The ability to sync with other devices is a key selling point for those already invested in Apple’s other product lines.
- iPhone. It’s no secret that almost everyone uses an iPhone today. Apple is also one of the pioneering brands that introduced smartphones with a multiple touch feature. It was designed thinking about the combination of an iPod and a smartphone. Apple continues to have several versions of the iPhone until today, with the iPhone 13 being the latest.
- Other software and services. iTunes, iCloud, iBook, and their MacOS are just some of the intuitive software that is available across all of Apple’s devices. Combined together they are one of Apple’s key product lines that really tie all their devices together.
- iPad. iPad came after iPhone and immediately became a hit to Apple users. This innovation has superior functionality and design, allowing users to sync laptops and mobile phones.
This shows the diversification of the brand. The company is also continuously innovating its products range. The company promotes their products through advertisements, sales promotions, personal selling, and public relations.
The company started with the manufacture of personal computers and have made significant changes in the industry, making them one of the top innovators in the industry.
The Company sells and delivers kinds of digital applications such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV and a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications. Apple Company offer a variety of mobile devices, personal computers (Desktop and Laptop), modern digital music players and others variety of different software, networking and general services.